We also know that this is a community and wider stakeholder expectation of us, and one of the issues most commonly raised by our stakeholders.
CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
Our primary guide for business ethics is our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, which sets out the values and ethics expected of the Company’s directors, management, employees and dedicated contractors. The Code is a key part of our induction process for new staff, as we strive to create a strong culture of honesty, integrity, loyalty, fairness and ethical behavior.
Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is available on our website available here
PROTECTED DISCLOSURES (WHISTLEBLOWER) POLICY
Our Protected Disclosures (or ‘Whistleblower’) Policy provides a confidential process by which employees or contracts can safely raise serious concerns.
The policy is available, along with our other business ethics, governance and transparency policies on our website here.
"In this day of Panama Papers and the GFC, transparency is key”
COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Act with high standards of honesty, integrity, fairness, and equity in all aspects of their involvement with the company;
- Comply fully with the content and spirit of all laws and regulations which govern the operations of the company, its business environment, and its employment practices;
- Not knowingly participate in illegal or unethical activity;
- Actively promote compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and the company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics; and • not do anything which would be likely to negatively affect the company’s reputation.
THE CODE ADDRESSES IN DETAIL ISSUES SUCH AS:
- Conflicts of interest and corporate opportunities;
- Protection and proper use of company assets;
- Confidential and proprietary information;
- Intellectual property;
- Competition and fair dealing;
- Business entertainment and gifts;
- Anti-bribery and corruption;
- Cash koha;
- Insider trading or tipping; and
- Reporting of Code violations.
The Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is available on the Company’s website here.